Jobs for America's Graduates
- Program Description
- Eligibility Requirements
The YAS program is an individualized program that meets the needs and interests of each youth
funded by the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act. Youth will work with a youth career
advisor to identify their skill sets and interests and utilize that information to develop a plan for
education and employment. The youth program offers many services to the participating youth:
- Tutoring, Study Skills training, Dropout prevention
- Alternative Secondary school offerings
- Occupational Skills training
- Education offered concurrently and in the same context as workforce prep.
- Financial Literacy Education
- Activities that help youth prepare for post-secondary education or training
- Work Experiences, On-the- Job training, and Job shadowing
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Labor Market and employment information/in demand sectors
- Leadership development opportunities
- Supportive Services (Financial Assistance)
- Adult Mentoring
- Guidance and Counseling
- Follow up for 12 months
Do you have any of these barriers to employment?
- Have you dropped out of high school?
- Have you stopped attending school?
- Have you been in the juvenile or adult justice system?
- Have you been in the foster care system?
- Are you homeless?
- Are you pregnant or parenting?
- Do you have a documented disability?
- Are you an English language learner and living in poverty?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then you could be a perfect fit for YAS.